Saturday, July 17, 2010

Reasons Why I Don't Wash

Someone else posted this recently. I've also received it as an email, but decided to share it here. Juanita

Reasons Why I Don't Wash

1. I was forced to wash as a child.

2. People who wash are hyprocites - they think they are cleaner than everybody else.

3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can't decide which one is best.

4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.

5. I only like to wash on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.

6. None of my friends wash.

7. I'll start washing when I get older and dirter.

8. The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.

9. People who make soap are only after your money.

10. I don't like the songs that people sing in the bathroom.

11. I know how to stay clean without washing.

12. The last time I washed someone was rude to me.

13. What I do, or don't do, doesn't affect anyone but me.

14. I know someone who washes every day and still smells bad.

15. Washing was invented by people who knew nothing about science.

16. I'm so dirty now that if I washed, the drain would clog.

17. Cats, dogs, and chickens never wash, and they are happy all the time.

18. Prehistoric humans were happy all the time until the first soap salesman made them feel guilty.

19. If I start washing again, my friends will think I'm trying to conform to middle-class standards.

20. Washing is for women and children.

21. I will wash when I find the bathroom that is exactly right for me.

22. Washing is for people much dirtier than I am.

23. I only believe in things I can see, and I can't see bacteria.

24. I never wash when I have company.

25. Washing may have been okay in my grandfather's day, but it's not practical today.

26. I watch other people wash on TV.

27. We just moved here 6 years ago, and haven't had a chance.

28. I feel as close to washing in the great outdoors as I do in the bathroom.

29. Washday is the only day I have to sleep in.

30. I know people who wash but don't act very clean.

In case you still don't see the analogy, these are the kinds of reasons some people give for not going to church. Of course, if you don't have a relationship with God, you probably don't really want to assemble yourself together with other believers, or to be taught His Word, or worship the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were hysterical when the word wash was used with them lol. I didn't catch the connection until you explained it in the end....and then it made sense.
Thanks for sharing....good analogy!